ASUS ROG has announced the ROG Swift OLED gaming monitor (model PG27AQDM) which offers a 240 Hz refresh rate.
ASUS ROG 27" QHD ROG Swift OLED debuts with lightning-fast 240 Hz refresh rates and improved thermal management
This new 26.5-inch gaming monitor offers a QHD OLED display (max resolutions of 2560 x 1440), offering a maximum 240 Hz refresh rate, 0.03 ms response times, and NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility.
A new custom heatsink to help with thermal management has been installed into the new Swift OLED 27-inch gaming display (PG27AQDM). Airflow within the gaming display has been optimized with ASUS ROG installing larger air vents to better dissipate heat.
- 26.5-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) OLED gaming monitor with 240 Hz refresh rate for immersive gaming
- Highly efficient custom heatsink, plus intelligent voltage optimization for better heat management to reduce the risk of burn-in
- The anti-glare micro-texture coating reduces reflections for accurate colors and better viewing experiences
- Ultrafast 0.03 ms response time, plus the darkest black hues, high perceptual 1000 nits peak brightness (3% of the screen with HDR on), 99% DCI-P3 gamut, and Delta E < 2 color difference for astonishing HDR performance
- G-Sync compatible technology delivers seamless, tear-free gaming; and the optional uniform brightness setting ensures consistent luminance levels
- DisplayWidget Center enables easy OLED and monitors settings adjustments with a mouse
To assist with power levels, the Swift OLED (PG27AQDM) includes an intelligent voltage optimization feature, assuring consumers will receive consistent luminance for each pixel by managing each voltage supplied to the display. ROG worked closely with an undisclosed display panel manufacturer to estimate the levels between OLED brightness, voltage level, and operational temperature. An intelligent algorithm is then created to optimize the voltage based on temperature changes to ensure luminance uniformity across the display.
Another feature of the Swift OLED (PG27AQDM) is the anti-glare micro-texture coating that helps lower the number of reflections from environmental light sources to make the image more immersive to the gamer. ASUS ROG's exclusive "Uniform Brightness" setting reduces higher levels of brightness to keep consistency at any resolution. The new ASUS DisplayWidget Center software allows gamers to efficiently modify display settings and OLED-related functions through an innovative interface without accessing the onscreen display menu.
The peak brightness of the new ROG Swift OLED gaming display is 1000 nits and supports HDR. The new display offers a 99% DCI-P3 color gamut, Delta E < 2 color accuracy, 1.5M:1 contrast ratio, and proper 10-bit color depth, ensuring exceptional color performance, enabling the ROG Swift OLED (PG27AQDM) to display dark black hues and high brightness levels.
The ROG Swift OLED (PG27AQDM) physically showcases a slim and futuristic look with its finished tripod socket on the top of the monitor so that users can mount webcams more efficiently and offers display connectivity options such as a single DisplayPort 1.4 port, dual HDMI 2.0 ports, and a USB hub.
The ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM will be available with an MSRP of $999 at select retailers such as Amazon, Micro Center, Newegg, and the ASUS online store. Newegg is currently taking preorders in limited quantities while supplies last.
The post ASUS ROG Announces Swift 27-Inch QHD OLED Gaming Display With 240 Hz Refresh Rate by Jason R. Wilson appeared first on Wccftech.