iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 is out and you can still downgrade back to iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 if you wanted to on iPhone and iPad.
Apple is Stilling Signing iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, Downgrade from iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 on iPhone and iPad is Still Possible
For a limited time only, you can downgrade iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 to the older firmware, which is iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5. This is only possible because Apple is signing the older firmware, at the time of writing. Once that signing window is closed, you can no longer downgrade at all.
Before you downgrade from iOS 15.6 to iOS 15.5, there are a couple of things you should know. First of all, you will lose your files and data. Taking a backup at this point is a supremely good idea. You can use iTunes, iCloud or Finder to do it. It just takes a few minutes and ensures everything is nice and safe.
Secondly, you will require the iOS 15.5 or iPadOS 15.5 firmware files, which you can download from the links below:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE 3
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch seventh-generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (5th-gen, 4th-gen, 3rd-gen, 2nd-gen, 1st-gen)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd-gen, 2nd-gen, 1st-gen)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (5th-gen, 6th-gen, 7th-gen, 8th-gen, 9th-gen)
- iPad Air (2nd-gen, 3rd-gen, 4th-gen, 5th-gen)
- iPad mini (4th-gen, 5th-gen, 6th-gen)
Once you've downloaded and saved the necessary firmware files, just follow the steps below for downgrade:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning or USB-C cable.
- Launch Finder or iTunes.
- Select your device from the left hand side of the window.
- Press and hold down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (Mac) and then click on Restore iPhone/iPad button.
- Select the iOS 15.5 or iPadOS 15.5 firmware file you downloaded onto your computer.
iTunes or Finder will extract the contents of the firmware file and restore it onto your device. This entire process may take a while. But once it is complete, you will see the Hello screen on your iPhone and iPad. You can either set up your device as new or restore the backup you created ahead of time.
The post Downgrade iOS 15.6 to iOS 15.5 on iPhone and iPad [Tutorial] by Uzair Ghani appeared first on Wccftech.